MIRA - Medicine In Remote Areas
*Popis a ciele kurzu
The Medicine in Remote Area Course (MIRA) has been developed to provide students who already have experience in Pre-Hospital Care with the added skills and knowledge to be able to deal with a casualty/ies in a remote and challenging environment. The course focuses on stabilisation of the injured and ill through to the knowledge and skills required for prolonged field care.
The MIRA course is certified by the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care, Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh, it is designed for medics working in the oil/gas industry, the media industry, expedition and exploration personnel, medical support for disaster relief and humanitarian organisations, mountain rescue, and search and rescue personnel.The course structure is primarily based on providing the student with the fundamental skills required to manage a casualty in a remote/challenging environment. It can be provided internationally and is open to students who have successfully completed a CEER/FPOS qualification or equivalent.
*Zaujal vás tento kurz ale nieje otvorený?
Time and meeting area: ,
Course lenght : 5 days / 35 hours
max. capacity: 6
Course is available for civilians and all armed forces.
Course is available only for paticipants of FPOS - First Person on Scene
what is waiting for you? (overview of course)
- Management of injuries from road traffic collisions, ballistics and violent assaults
- Oxygen therapy
- Intermediate and advanced airway management including surgical airways
- Life threatening chest injuries and management including needle decompression
- Circulatory system and Haemorrhage control
- Shock and fluid replacement (I.V & I.O)
- Head injuries
- Medical emergencies
- Fractures, dislocations and burns
- Environmental illnesses
- Remote area and prolonged patient care
What to take with you
- Notebook and writing tools
- Seasonal clothing
- Waterproof clothing